Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 2

Wow, I was all set to chit chat about the  basics one should know about a boat (bow, port, etc...). After a fantastic boat ride over to Shelter Island Yacht Club for dinner last night, I thought, perfect, I've got my material for tomorrow. And maybe even few "things" you should know if you ever have dinner at a yacht club such as complete SILENCE when they bring the Flag down & the cannon goes off.  (I thought this was a Larchmont Yacht Club "thing" but apparently very standard at yacht clubs, who knew!  Not even me, a member of LYC!  Nothing crazy just the basics. One never knows when this sort of information can come in handy! Sounds silly but keeping in the loop always makes life a little easier.

But, then, to hear as so many of you have already...the passing of Amy Winehouse.  Wow, I know, I know...  The comments are echoed all around-'She was a drug addict', 'It isn't a surprise', 'It was bound to happen', blah, blah, blah...In the end, it is not that.  It is a loss.  Her demons won.  A talented 27 year "kid" lost the battle to those demons.  Her poor father turned around from NYC & flew back home to get back to the family.  While on tour recently, they had her hotel cleared out of ALL alcohol, although, that didn't help, she was still slurring & booed off the stage.  It is a disease and God, what a horrible one at that.
I know tonight, it'll be discussed on the entertainment channels & shows as well as at cocktail parties & everyone will say it was coming.  Just remember, she was someone's child, sister and Kelly Osbourne's BFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment